CALL TO BOOK A TREATMENT USING LASER FOR FASTER HEALING AND PAIN REDUCTION
LASER CAN BOOST MASSAGE AND PHYSIOTHERAPY RESULTS!
Laser therapy for faster healing and pain reduction is a painless and safe technique for all kinds of pain and injury syndromes.
Gentle laser light is applied by Lazer Dave using sophisticated European Laser Technolgoy to localized tissue and acupuncture points (no needles) to naturally boost endorphins, boost healing and reduce pain often quicker then more traditional methods of therapy.
Lazer Dave – Ottawa Laser Therapy & Massage Solutions
As an RMT (Registered Massage Therapist) or a Physiotherapist’s Laser Therapy Technician, Dave Hanemaayer (Lazer Dave) employs laser therapy for the treatment of various pain and injury syndromes. Laser therapy is also known as low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation, cold laser and laser acupuncture. Dave specializes in the laser technique of laser acupuncture.
The goal of Dave’s treatments that utilize laser is to boost massage therapy and physiotherapy results. Dave has many years of clinical experience and 1,000s of documented treatment plans utilizing laser therapy.
Photos above pertain to a documented treatment plan using laser therapy for a grade 2 hamstring tear. Results cannot be guaranteed. However, Dave Hanemaayer has a high rate of success using laser acupuncture for pain/injury and laser therapy to quit smoking.
What Is Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy is a treatment which utilizes low level laser light (a.k.a low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation therapy, cold laser therapy, laser acupuncture) to stimulate the body’s own natural healing systems to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, promote regeneration of tissue, and other strong healing responses in the body. Lazer Dave, Certified Laser Therapist likes to refer to this process as “super charged healing”.
The light source (laser device) is placed in contact with the skin allowing the photon energy from the laser to penetrate the tissues. This technology can in some cases be “curative” and can eliminate or reduce symptoms associated with many acute and chronic pain conditions.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
It is theorized that the main reason for the reduction in pain from laser is due to the anti-inflammatory effect as increased circulation reduces pressure on nerves. In addition, elevated levels of endorphins (morphine like substances naturally produced by the body) reduce the sensation of pain.
LASER APPLIED TO TISSUE
Benefits Of Laser Therapy
There are 7 main benefits of using laser therapy in massage treatments:
- EFFECTIVE – Laser promotes a strong healing response in tissue by reducing inflammation and promoting tissue regeneration. By Dave’s estimation, laser therapy can provoke a healing response 2-6 TIMES STRONGER than the ability of your body to heal itself. This is advantageous when you need an injury or pain syndrome to get better but can’t stop working. There are currently 10,000+ studies on laser therapy. RESULTS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED.
- PAIN-FREE TREATMENT – Although treatments are based on theories of modern medical acupuncture, no needles are used to pierce the skin. Only gentle, low intensity laser light is applied over the tissue. Many find treatment so relaxing due to endorphin release they are tempted to fall asleep.
- SAFE – Any contraindications to treatment, risks or potential side effects are discussed individually with each patient to facilitate informed consent. Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic and non-invasive.
- REDUCES PAIN & IMPROVES MOOD – Most patients report a significant reduction in pain after massage treatments using laser therapy. In addition, massage treatments utilizing laser therapy often improves mood, reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and other negative emotional factors that can be connected with physical pain.
- REDUCED DEPENDENCY ON PAIN MEDICATION – Most pharmaceuticals options for pain only temporarily reduce symptoms and do not address underlying causes. In addition, many pharmaceuticals come with a host of undesirable side effects and can even damage your internal organs with prolonged use. Though laser therapy can reduce your dependency on such medications, consultation with a
physician is ALWAYS recommended before making any changes in this regard.
- COMBINES WELL WITH HANDS-ON MASSAGE TECHNIQUES – Laser therapy usually makes deep tissue massage techniques like myofascial release or soft tissue release less uncomfortable. Also, laser therapy typically reduces inflammation quickly – this tends to lessen post massage soreness the day after deep tissue treatment. Lastly, many of Dave’s clients report they need less massage sessions overall in managing their pain syndromes when laser therapy is utilized in their treatments.
- TEAM APPROACH – Laser therapy is a perfect adjunct to other therapies you may already be receiving. If you are pleased with your current chiropractor, physiotherapist, naturopath, osteopath, etc. then Dave will encourage you to keep up those treatments. If you need further assistance outside his services, Dave can refer you to the appropriate health care professional.
What Conditions Can Laser Therapy Treat?
Some conditions treatable with laser therapy include:
- Low back, neck, shoulder, knee, hip, foot pain
- Ankle, hand, knee, elbow pain
- Disc degeneration
- ITB syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tendonitis, bursitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
- Trigger points (muscle knots)
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendinitis
- Ligament, muscle, tendon, nerve injury
- Bulging and herniated discs
- Wound healing
- Scar tissue
- Inflammation or swelling
- Muscle tightness
- Golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow
- Sprains & Strains
- Bell’s Palsy
- Repetitive strain injury
- Post surgery
- Post workout soreness
- and more…
How Effective Is Laser Therapy For Reducing Pain?
Laser therapy for pain and healing is effective for many people. There are currently 10,000+ scientific studies on laser therapy.
Some patients report a reduction in pain even after one massage treatment utilizing laser therapy. In cases of acute pain, this may occur at the end of the first or second treatment. In chronic pain cases, this may take 2-3+ treatments until notable results are experienced. Results are NOT guaranteed.
How Much Does Massage Therapy Utilizing Laser Therapy Treatment Cost?
60-minutes $95*, 45-minutes $80*, 30-minutes $65*.
* First time patients or patients Dave has not see for awhile must book a 60-minute appointment to allow time for intake/assessment and treatment.
Can You Charge Laser Therapy As Massage Therapy?
In addition to hands-on techniques during his massage therapy sessions, Dave incorporates the specialized laser therapy technique called laser acupuncture. As a result, these treatments are billed as massage therapy and qualify for workplace insurance coverage.
Can You Charge Laser Therapy As Physiotherapy?
Dave works along side many excellent physiotherapists at Physiocare. If appropriate, they may refer you to Dave specifically for laser therapy to augment your physiotherapy treatment plan. As a result, your treatments with Dave may be billed as physiotherapy.
CALL TO BOOK A TREATMENT USING LASER FOR FASTER HEALING AND PAIN REDUCTION
Ottawa Laser Therapy & Massage Solutions
Serving the laser therapy needs of Ottawa, Kanata, Nepean, Westboro, Stittsville, Goulbourn, Carp, Dunrobin and surrounding areas.